· 4 cups All-purpose flour
· 12 Oz warm water
· 1 Tbsp dry active yeast
· 2 tsp sugar
· 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
· 1 tsp salt
· 2 Tomatoes, thinly sliced
· 5 Mushrooms, thinly sliced
· 1 cup Olives, Pitted and halved
· 2 cups Leeks, roughly chopped
· 1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
· Sauce (tomato, pesto, olive oil…get creative!)
· 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
· Dried Basil, Thyme and Oregano (any blend of spices is fine)
· Salt and Black Pepper.
1. On a clean, smooth counter, pour 4 cups of flour. With your fingers, make a wide well in the middle of the flour.
2. In the well, add the water, yeast and sugar and stir the mixture with your fingers without breaking the walls of the well. Wait for a few minutes, then add the oil and the salt.
3. Slowly, start to mix the flour into the water mixture. When the water mixture becomes solid enough so that it won’t separate, break the walls of the well and bring the dough together. Do not worry if there is some access flour on the counter, it will be absorbed by the dough in the kneading process.
4. To knead the dough, push the dough away from you with your palms, fold it back over and repeat. Do this for 30 seconds.
5. Form the dough into a ball and put it into a bowl with some oil or flour under it so that it won’t stick. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and put it in some place warm, like the microwave or oven. Leave the dough to rise for an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
6. While the dough is rising, prepare the rest of the ingredients such as your vegetables, the feta cheese and your spices. Also have the grill ready to use.
7. When the dough is ready, roll it out on a floured counter and divide the dough into balls the size of your fist, then let them rise for another 20 minutes.
8. Roll each dough ball out into about 6 inches in diameter. (They don’t have to be perfect).
9. Place them on an oiled grill on medium heat and don’t move them until one minute, or until small bubbles form. Flip and grill for just 20 to 30 seconds and remove from heat.
10. Spread your favorite sauce, pesto, or olive oil over the grilled dough and sprinkle the spices, salt and pepper on top according to your taste.
11. Spread all the prepared veggies in the way you like them, and then sprinkle the crumbled cheese.
12. In a preheated toaster or oven on medium heat, place the pizzas in for 30 seconds just until the cheese melts. Enjoy!